What have I been up to lately?
Reading: Waris’ Dirie’s the Desert Flower along with Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In. Until I wrote the previous sentence I had not realised that both are by women going over and above the roles society foists on them. Reviews coming up shortly.
Watching: Suits, because of Meghan Markle and to oogle over Jessica Pearson’s outfits. Recently finished rewatching Season 2, now onto Season 3. Also watching the Godfathers series – 1972, 1974 and 1990 because Micheal Corleone’s acting has “made me an offer I can’t refuse.”
Creating: Content for this blog – articles on lifestyle, books and career.
Bookmarking: Sylvia Kerali’s blog so as to learn how to blog better.
Following: Wendy’s Lookbook recent posts where she opens up. I’ve been following her blog for more than 5 years, but recently she has shared her story about being in foster care, the assault that landed her in foster care and the contribution she is making to her community because of her history. I also love how consistent she is with her work.
A round-up of interesting articles/content I have come across this month
- If you were 50, and had a time machine, what would you tell your younger self?
- Do you find yourself normalizing violent behaviour?
- When it comes to you, does Instagram feel as authentic as it used to in the early years?
- Cool inventions: a material that could absorb stormwater and prevent flooding and a robotic suit to help those who can’t, walk.
- This is the cutest video I have seen in a long while, and I watched it at the edge of my seat. Dumbfounding to discover there may be a sinister backstory to it after all. I honestly hope not.
What did you enjoy reading online this month?
Enjoying: Il mio lezioni Italiano. My Italian lessons.
As usual, thank you for reading, see you soon.
Sempre, grazie per la leggerre, arrivederci!