2nd quarter April-May-June
- That interview with Agnes, the Pesalink CEO, I raved about in my 1st quarter review was published on Khusoko.com. Have you read it yet?
- I took a 23-day road trip to Malawi and back, through Tanzania. The trip was solo, arranged by me, and it turned out to be better than I would have imagine.
- I attended the china trade week with my friend Lucy Njoki and won one of the prizes they had up for grabs
- I had Applied for the YALI during the first quarter and I passed all the process and was ultimately put in the wait-list but didn’t get in. It was an eye opening experience on what a few more years of experience and being keen on an application can do, since that was the second time I was applying.
- Accompanied Rich Allela in his day to day photography ventures and I strikingly realized that photography and writing are my hobbies and that I actually love engineering. My favourite photo session was a powder paint photoshoot with Shiv Simani.
3rd Quarter July-August-September
- My friend Mag from Malawi visited the country, and together with my hiking team, we took a trip to Hell’s Gate and she had the time of her life. Other places that I took her to see include the Maasai Nairobi market and the railway museum. For her visit, we decided to book an Airbnb, and that was a first for me.
- Got a job as a site engineer and health safety officer which has kept me busy since the beginning of August
- Managed to finish a whole course – Ms Project. It took 6 Saturday afternoons after work to acquire the skill of using this project management tool. (You can do the same too, if you want to expand your skillbase.)
- Enrolled for two online courses at EDx and future learn : which are the Contract Law: From Trust to Promise to Contract and Contract Management: Building Relationships in Business
- Attended a play at the Kenya National Theater to see the debut of a friend’s son as an actor in a play known as Bar-aza. I bumped into a former high school mate while there.
Music, Books and Videos
I carried around several books in these 6 months, such as Lean In, the Communist Manifesto, the Screwtape letters, and did not manage to concentrate to flip through them. I only managed to thoroughly enjoy reading The Bigger Deal by Sunny Bindra.
Songs I liked:
Joeboy – Baby
Feeling Good – Nina Simone
Since I Left You – Joy Crookes
Don’t Let Me Down
Break My Heart Again – Finneas
And to be completely honest, my music tastes are changing from European/American songs to Afrobeat. Which will be plenty in the next quarter review.
What about you? How were your 2nd & 3rd quarters of the year?